Tuesday, May 10, 2011

There are so many books to read

My computer was down for over a week.  I read seven books in four days.  Then I took my laptop to our wonderful computer girl at school.  Good news: I have a brand new Windows system.  Bad news: all my old documents and photos are gone.  I can remember most of the important documents (did I really want to hang onto my Master's action research project?), and the kiddos I have in front of me every day.  But I would have liked to keep the photos of them when they were tiny and round and cute.  It always helps to look at old photos when you can't stand your children anymore!
See, he used to be so dang cute!  Then he learned to talk -- I mean, really talk:  "Mom, why do you always...?"  "Always" usually means twice in the past year.  "You only want me to be slave labor!" I'm sure there are lots cheaper/easier ways of getting slave labor than raising an adopted child!  "I'm going to go live with my tummy mom!" Did I scar him for life when I told him they wouldn't let preschoolers live in the jail?

No comments:

Post a Comment