Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bathroom makeover

I wish I had "before" photos.  I never remember to take those.  I will try to describe: sand-colored walls, plastic wood trim, layered with dark blue trim, blah clear shower curtain, blue & white rug.  Pretty basic and boring, but a big improvement over the turquiose blue paint it had when I moved in!

Redo a la cheapo:

Found the shower curtain at Grocery Outlet: $4.00
Matching trash bucket at Ross: $5.00
Bath mat from Kohls: $8.00
Bright colored washcloths from Kohls: $5.00

Supply bucket at Ross: $2.00
Soap dispenser from Ross: $2.00
Brown wall paint: leftover from another project
Colored polkadots for wall: cut out from old gift bags
 I painted over the old wood trim with white trim paint leftover from my bedroom project.  I will replace the blue washcloth basket with a white one from school.  I added a curtain: $8.00 and rod $.75 from Goodwill.  Then bought 2 bath towels, one turquoise and one lime green, and 3 hand towels to match from Fred Meyer's clearance: $8.00 and $4.00.  Total cost: $46.75.  Total time: less than a day.  Response from the kids: "Wow!  Mom, it's beautiful!"





1 comment:

  1. That's great! I love doing these kind of projects. It's so rewarding and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete